The Maintenance Engineer reports to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the day to day maintenance and electrical works at the Wrexham manufacturing sites.
- A hands on approach to ensuring that all plant machinery is correctly set up to meet the production plan in a safe and timely manner;
- To oversee, assist with and perform all machinery and electrical installations and maintenance requirements;
- Ensuring that all mechanical and electrical equipment used at the sites are fully maintained for safe and hygienic operation.
- A Right First Time approach to all duties.
- The training of staff on electrical and mechanical safety.
- To assist the Maintenance Manager, the Site Managers and the Process Manager to ensure that all work requests are carried out in a timely manner utilising the available resources within the team.
- Accurate record keeping and data input.
- Work with the Production Management in improving production efficiency.
- Must have served a recognised apprenticeship and hold either City & Guilds Electrical/Mechanical Certificates Parts 1, 2 & 3 or an equivalent NVQ or Electrical - Minimum C & G Level 2 or NVQ Level 3, also 17th electrical regulations.
- A minimum of 2 years experience within a multi-disciplined engineering team, preferably in a food environment.
- Capable of maintenance and repair of on-site machinery to a safe standard.
- Train other staff in the safe operation & handling of machinery.
- Demonstrate ability to work within a Quality Management System.
- Be comfortable working according to Standard Operating Procedures, Health & Safety requirements and Food Hygiene requirements.
- Be literate and numerate
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking.
- Reliable and responsible.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Be able to fit in with an established workforce.