Closing Date: 1st Oct 2021
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership to their team in co-ordinating the company’s transport operations from their NI headquarters across the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Responsible for a vital part of the Supply Chain the successful applicant will have full accountability, lead and develop the team and maintain high levels of accuracy in all Freight Movements.
The candidate will develop and implement processes to ensure client agreements are managed, promote an environment of continual process improvement and drive employee initiatives.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
Experience / Qualifications:
· At least 5 years’ experience negotiating and managing haulier relationships.
· Significant experience working in a Freight and/or shipping operational role.
· Hold a current CPC licence.
· Previous experience in developing cost effective logistics supply strategies.
· IT proficient including use of Excel, Word, Outlook and experience of adapting to new technologies.
· Managing staff including recruitment, performance management and disciplinary.
· Experience of managing change and implementing new procedures and processes.
· Strong organisational, time management and planning skills
· Able to multi task and adapt to changing production and operational demands.
· Knowledge of Import & Export legislations and document process and requirements.
· Professionalism, with excellent interpersonal and people management skills
· Good attention to detail.
The ideal person will be focussed with a commercial approach and an adaptability to translate output numbers into practical applications.