To achieve and surpass customer sales and profit budgets, whilst maximising the return on investment of the SHS Drinks portfolio of brands. Managing a current trading account mix and prospecting new business within the Impulse & Convenience Channel (including Discount Channel), ensuring the deliverance in line with Sales, Shopper & Brand objectives and the Channel Look of Success. The role is heavily reliant on prospecting new business and having the drive and passion for SHS Drinks brands in order for us to secure and capitalise on further growth within our channel.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Manage a key existing customer portfolio and have the hunger and passion for securing new business to meet sales, shopper and brand objectives within the agreed parameters.
- Working closely with Line Manager on gaining/securing new business (including Discount Channel) and defining joint business plans and strategies together, will be a major factored KP as part of the role.
- Drive, passion and determination is a "must have" asset for the role in succeeding with New Business Opportunities, with a "Never Give Up" attitude. Maintaining a results driven mindset, whilst remaining a valued team player and liaising with relevant personnel within the business in order to succeed is key.
- Proactively manage key prospects list to ensure we are targeting Bullseye prospect accounts, including engagement with key customers and prospective contacts. To ensure that as a team, we continue to raise SHS Drinks business and brand profile at this level.
- To provide regular reports on new business progress to Line Manager through 121's will be required as part of the role.
- Development multi-site operator business and ensuring that the pull through of account plans are implemented over and above national distribution and activation level to ensure GMAP targets are achieved.
- To work closely and develop Account Management skills, with the outlook to manage a small portfolio of National Accounts with guidance from Line Manager.
- To develop collaborative customer partnerships that encapsulate the key points contained within the customer's summary of needs. Translate Look of Success objectives into relevant customer business plans/ranging/activation and in line with their business cycles.
- To work closely with Brand and NPD teams to ensure they are aware and aligned with key customer planning and ranging cycles, as well as our own processes.
- Work closely with commercial planning and the activation team to ensure all activation, distribution drives and terms are in line with company and brand expectations and managed through the use of IP systems, spend and GMAP budgets. Ensure additional forecasted volume and spend is fed back into IP.
- Provide information required for all internal and external requirements (Line Manager, Board, Commercial, Sales Operations, Finance, Brand and Shopper teams) within specified deadlines.
- Use insight to maximise distribution, availability and visibility of brands in account portfolio by setting specific targets/gap analysis, business plans and by identifying and matching customer needs to our brands key features. Always ensure that all new and existing listings are managed based on the brand and Channel Look of Success and NPD processes.
- Ensure all competitor activity is fed back into the business as part of building a wider understanding of the channel and our key competitors.
- To have full responsibility of all elements of financial management including limiting Debtors days in line with customer terms and resolving all credit queries and outstanding invoices within 35 days in all accounts in portfolio.
- Contribute to team meetings to receive and give information on brand and customer performances, competitor activity and best practice learnings. These could include interaction with the wider business sharing best practice via Virtual Team Meeting attendance
- Personal cost control and care of company property.
Core Competency Headings:-
- Experience at successful Business Development Management/Key Account Management/Mew Business level is a strong requirement
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Listening and questioning
- Insight led selling background
- Creative, driven and passionate
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Planning & Organising
- Strong IT skills
Role Specific Keys:-
- Strategic Customer Development
- Customer & Brand Owner Engagement
- Commercial Communication
- Ideally with 2 years experience of successful Business Development Management Key Account Management and New Business Success
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident in influencing others