WKD is a £100m brand, the country’s leading RTD alcohol brand and an essential revenue and profit generator for SHS drinks. It’s an iconic brand that defined a category.
This is an exciting time for WKD as we re-instate our credentials as the leading brand within the category with added value personality and inspiring innovation.
The key components of this role are:
- To lead the way for WKD to assert its rightful position as the No 1 RTD within the On Trade – Delivering share growth
- To recruit the next generation of 18- 21 year olds – asserting WKDs role as the No 1 RTD for students
- To deliver EPIC and inspiring activation that adds value and differentiates within the On Trade and integrates with the wider brand communications motivating the Trade and Consumer.
- To be the owner and voice of the brand within the On Trade
- Deliver sales and profit targets for WKD within the On Trade (Supporting the sales teams to ensure we meet and exceed targets)
- Deliver brand market share and key, defined equity measures
- Ensure we have the optimum marketing mix for the On Trade – Right products in the right packs in the right places optimised with the right promos.
- Monitor consumer, category and competitor insights and trends to ensure WKD is competitive, equipped to win and you are at the forefront of new product opportunities
- Create a winning 3 Year strategy for WKD that delivers future profitable growth and motivates the Trade and Consumer.
- Ensure we stay true to the WKD brand positioning.
- Ensure compliance with The Portman Group Code and CAP Code.
- Manage budget allocations and work within budget parameters as agreed for that financial year. Ensure budgets are maximised and all activity evaluated and learnings shared.
- Create the brand marketing creative collateral (including both traditional and digital campaigns) to bring the brand to life with the trade and consumers. Ensure the correct mix developed to satisfy the differing needs of different regions and trade sectors.
- Own Trade events and ensure brand presence is optimised.
- Ensure collaborative partnerships with the agencies employed and ensure that all agencies / third parties are managed and challenged effectively.
- Be a proactive and valued member of the Alcohol team specifically and the broader Brand Marketing team
- Build strong co-dependent relationships with other Commercial functions – most specifically Insight, Commercial planning, Sales.
- Drive passion for your brand internally and externally.
- Develop direct reports with clear KPIs.
Graduate calibre with at least 5 years Marketing experience, ideally gained within a drinks or FMCG environment
Candidates should be passionate about the On Trade and brand marketing, have an engaging and collaborative style and be courageous and motivated to make a difference. Candidates will also need to be astute and data literate.
- The On Trade – activation that engages the Trade and Consumer
- Generating and interpreting consumer and trade insights
- Developing and executing successful brand communications campaigns
Working collaboratively with cross functional teams