Closing Date: 4th Oct 2020
Working closely with our Commercial Planning, Category Insights, Sales and Finance teams – the role requires the individual to provide clear and strong financial challenge to the Sales and Commercial Teams and day-to-day support to the Senior Management Team in improving business performance, and developing and delivering agreed business plans. The successful candidate will also support the profitability and promotional efficiency of the SHS Drinks division.
Although the role is based in Gloucester, it also involves regular travel to Northern Ireland Group headquarters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Team Management & Culture
• Provide direction and day-to-day management of their Commercial Finance team, striving to deliver outstanding results and service
• Actively manage performance, development and career paths of individuals within their Commercial Finance team, including conducting performance and development reviews and succession planning with all direct reports
• Build and embed a culture of high performance, continuous improvement and openness to change
• Develop and challenge financial / business plans with business units and ensure agreed plans are reflected in individual team forecasts and budgets with appropriate KPIs identified and reported to monitor achievement
• Accountable for the delivery of the detailed budgeting & forecasting process for the relevant business units which includes working with P&Ls and team leaders as appropriate to provide in-depth analysis of revenue streams, costs base, risks and opportunities
• Evaluate, challenge and build business cases to support key proposals and ensure appropriate post-investment appraisal and monitoring
Financial Performance & Control
• Support and challenge the Business to drive delivery of forecast and budget commitments
• Identify opportunities to improve performance and work with business to develop clear plans to achieve these including the monitoring of delivery
• Help finance teams to educate, communicate and embed a culture of financial discipline and control within the business, such as WIP management, billing, debt and cash collection.
• Play a key role in helping to deliver reporting and analysis that is straightforward, insightful, supports decision making and drives performance
• Support, evaluate and challenge key decision makers in sales pitches and tenders, to include pricing, discount structures, commercial terms etc.
• Working with Finance Teams, drive margin analysis of clients, sectors, business types, and working with Customer Planning and Sales partners to identify options and recommendations to increase sales and profit margins
• Work with Sales and Customer Planning partners to maximise the value of client relationships (e.g. sales volume, pricing, discounts, annual fee rate increases, secondment reviews, client financial reporting, debt collection, contingent fees etc.)
• Ensure efficient and effective working with the Business Improvement Team on the above where appropriate
Please note that this vacancy is for a 12 month period to cover maternity leave.